[vtkusers] Python + VTK:[vtkRenderWidget.py, vtkTkRenderWidget.py] core dump

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon Oct 7 13:05:37 EDT 2002

    DNW> Prabhu, I will rebuild the VTK again and hope that this
    DNW> clears things up.  Here is the outcome of running ldd on both
    DNW> shared libraries:

[snip]

    DNW> Neither show the use of tcl/tk.

Well simply rebuilding it might not fix the problem.  It looks like
you have built both Python and VTK with the static Tcl/Tk libraries.
Maybe you should recompile both Python and VTK to use the shared
versions of Tcl/Tk.

For VTK make sure CMake is using the shared version.

 TCL_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/libtcl8.3.so

 TK_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/libtk8.3.so

Or whatever appropriate version is on your system.

BTW, do the VTK Tcl/Tk examples work ok?

Hope this helps.

prabhu