[vtkusers] libmawt and libvtkRenderingJava on Solaris

Phil Cook p.cook at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Oct 3 13:38:40 EDT 2002

I have built VTK (CVS, CMake 1.4 patch 3) semi-successfully on Solaris
2.8 . My C++ VTK code is fine, but when trying to load the Java example
(with JDK 1.4.0_01 or JDK 1.4.1), I get the following:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/cs/research/medim/common0/green/common/VTK4n/lib/vtk/libvtkRenderingJava.so: ld.so.1: java: fatal: libmawt.so: open failed: No such file or directory
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1473)
        at test.<clinit>(test.java:13)

I initially thought this was a problem with Java, but I can run other
code that uses the AWT. I only see this with VTK.

Thanks,

Phil