[vtkusers] view as vtkRenderWindow?

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Thu Oct 3 13:33:25 EDT 2002

    JD> I've been evaluating VTK, looking through the source, to see
    JD> if I could adapt it for use in our application.  One of the
    JD> requirements is that any rendering context be usable as a view
    JD> pane within a window, along with other such contexts.

    JD> Conceptually, it seems to counter to the VTK philosophy.  Is
    JD> there a reason for this?  Is it "political", or technical?

If you mean embedding a VTK rendering window in an application, it
already works well.  Many of the examples dont build a GUI and simply
illustrate the power of VTK alone.  Some of them do build GUI's.  For
instance look at

Examples/VisualizationAlgorithms/Tcl/TransformTextureCoords.tcl

This is in the VTK 4.x cvs tree.

cheers,
prabhu