[vtkusers] view as vtkRenderWindow?

James Dessart james at rogue-research.com
Thu Oct 3 09:23:55 EDT 2002

I've been evaluating VTK, looking through the source, to see if I
could adapt it for use in our application.  One of the requirements
is that any rendering context be usable as a view pane within a
window, along with other such contexts.

Conceptually, it seems to counter to the VTK philosophy.  Is there
a reason for this?  Is it "political", or technical?

 From my investigations, based on the platform we're using (Mac OS
X, using PowerPlant) it should be relatively trivial.  Are there
any road blocks I might encounter on the VTK end?

James