[vtkusers] OpenGl Linking Problems with Cygwin on Win2000

Jan Neumann jneumann at cfar.umd.edu
Wed Oct 2 16:26:32 EDT 2002

Hi,

I have been using vtk for a while on solaris, but now I need to move to a
win2k machine. I tried to compile the nightly release from today using
cygwin and gcc-2.95-3, but during the linking stage of the
libvtkRendering library
I always have the problem that the references to all the open gl
functions are undefined :

(last line of error messages for static libraries):
/cygdrive/g/Tools/VTK/bin/libvtkRendering.a(vtkWin32OpenGLTextMapper.o)(
3b45):vtkWin32OpenGLTextMapper.cxx: undefined reference to `glPopMatrix'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [/cygdrive/g/Tools/VTK/bin/vtk] Error 1
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_Wrapping_Tcl] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

A similar problem also occurs if I try compile shared libraries, only then
the linker already complains when it tries to build the library

libvtkRendering.dll
(also with undefined references to open gl calls). I have the cygwin open
gl files installed (/usr/lib/include/GL/gl.h ,
/usr/lib/w32api/opengl32.a) and the opengl32.dll from windows is in the
cygwin path.

Does anybody have any hints how I can get this to work?
Are there any special flags for cygwin/opengl that I need to set in the
CMake config files?

Thanks for any help,

Jan

\\\/