[vtkusers] vtk data file format question

Gala Wind wind at climate.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 2 13:21:59 EDT 2002

Hi everybody,

I have a set of data in an ASCII text file. It's an airplane's flight
track, so I have lat/long and altitude info and also some onboard
instrument data. The coords and altitude map nicely into the xyz point
coordinates. I would like the instrument data to be the scalars for the
polydata line that gets created. But I have two sets of data and the
vtk data file format (.vtk) only seems to allow one set of plain
scalars, can't have scalars with more than one component. I guess I
could add the second set by hand, but I would like to know if there is
anything I can do to just put all the data into one vtk datafile, so I
can just use vtkPolyDataReader to read it all and assemble it correctly.

Thanks for any tips.

-- Gala

Gala Wind
(301) 614-6221
wind at climate.gsfc.nasa.gov
Code 913, Climate and Radiation
L-3 Comm/ Emergent East
NASA/GSFC
Greenbelt, MD 20771

   -- There's always a way, you just have to find it.
			( B. Hambly "Children of the Jedi" )