[vtkusers] Undiefined virtual table.

Michael Bonner bonner10 at llnl.gov
Thu Nov 21 12:53:22 EST 2002

Hello vtk-users

I have developed an vtk app on a pc platform using the pre-compiled vtk
binaries. I am attempting to port the app to
some compaqs running Tr64 unix 5.1, and I am using the CXX compiler. I have
made vtk 4.0 and everything seemed compile fine. When I make my app  I get
the included linking error. I do not have much experience with make and I
really have no idea what could be wrong. In my code I used vtkHedgeHog and
vtkClipPolyData; these are the classes that extend the classes with the
undefined virtual tables. As expected, the linking errors are gone if I
remove their use from the code. I do not know what is causing this problem,
I suspect it involves how I am making vtk and/or how I am making my app (ie
my Makefile).

-Mike

cxx -o lvis21 -g PNMCreator.o lvisLogo.o lvisScalarBar.o point.o
Scene.o  SceneState.o sScene.o Scalars.o Vectors.o Block.o
ColorBlock.o  TextureBlock.o Contact.o sContact.o lvisoParser.o
InitParse.o  ReParse.o IncrParse.o LnrClrBlock.o InitIncrParse.o lvis21.o
/g/g22/bonner10/VTK40/VTK/bin/libvtkRendering.a
/g/g22/bonner10/VTK40/VTK/bin/libvtkIO.a
/g/g22/bonner10/VTK40/VTK/bin/libvtkFiltering.a
/g/g22/bonner10/VTK40/VTK/bin/libvtkImaging.a
/g/g22/bonner10/VTK40/VTK/bin/libvtkGraphics.a
/g/g22/bonner10/VTK40/VTK/bin/libvtkCommon.a
/g/g22/bonner10/VTK40/VTK/bin/libvtkHybrid.a
/g/g22/bonner10/VTK40/VTK/bin/libvtkjpeg.a
/g/g22/bonner10/VTK40/VTK/bin/libvtkpng.a
/g/g22/bonner10/VTK40/VTK/bin/libvtkzlib.a   -lGL    -lXext -lXt  -lSM
-lICE -lX11 -ldnet_stub -lm -lX11 -ldnet_stub -lm
ld:
Unresolved:
The virtual table '__vtbl_27vtkPolyDataToPolyDataFilter' for class
'vtkPolyDataToPolyDataFilter' is undefined, make sure that the first
noninlined virtual member function is defined.
vtkPolyDataToPolyDataFilter::SetInput(vtkPolyData*)
vtkMergePoints::New(void)
vtkPolyDataToPolyDataFilter::GetInput(void)
The virtual table '__vtbl_26vtkDataSetToPolyDataFilter' for class
'vtkDataSetToPolyDataFilter' is undefined, make sure that the first
noninlined virtual member function is defined.
vtkDataSetToPolyDataFilter::ComputeInputUpdateExtents(vtkDataObject*)
vtkDataSetToPolyDataFilter::SetInput(vtkDataSet*)
vtkDataSetToPolyDataFilter::GetInput(void)
*** Exit 1
Stop.