[Fwd: Re: [vtkusers] building vtkNightly]

Kevin Tiow Wee TAN twtan at cheerful.com
Fri Nov 15 15:50:39 EST 2002

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] building vtkNightly
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 17:44:44 +0000
From: Kevin Tiow Wee TAN <K.T.W.Tan at pgr.salford.ac.uk>
To: Mark Gooding
<mark.gooding at merton.oxford.ac.uk>,vtkusers at public.kitware.com
<5.2.0.9.0.20021115151704.022ba100 at mert0427.herald.ox.ac.uk>

Hi Mark,
In order to get the vtkCanvas compile properly, you have to make sure
the relevant vtkPanel.class, vtkPanel$1.class &
vtkPanel$WindowObservable.class (class generated after compiling
vtkPanel.java) are jarred within the vtk.jar

To do so, we use need to be <vtkNightSource
directory>\VTK\Wrapping\Java  (one level above vtk directory that
contains vtkPanel classes)
c:\<java directory>\bin\jar.exe uvf c:\vtk40\bin\vtk.jar vtk/*.class

After we had jarred up, we can then compile the vtkCanvas using:
c:\<java directory>\bin\javac.exe -classpath
$CLASSPATH;c:\vtk40\bin\vtk.jar;. vtkCanvas.java

Note: Without jar those vtkPanel classes into the vtk.jar, the vtkCanvas
can't find it, as it need to look into vtk/ sub-folder...

After you had compiled the vtkCanvas, you can again jar up ALL the
vtkCanvas generated classes.  You can use that for compiling all
vtk-java samples...

Hope that help... Let me know if you have any problem...

--
Thanks
Kevin