[vtkusers] MacOSX: fundamental Carbon/Tk/X11 problem

Yves Starreveld ystarrev at atamai.com
Wed Nov 13 14:46:26 EST 2002

Ross,

No, they don't need X11.

In /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/8.4/Headers, there exists
an X11 directory which contains:

X.h, Xatom.h, Xfuncproto.h, Xlib.h, Xutil.h, cursorfont.h, keysym.h,
keysymdef.h, xbytes.h

When VTK builds with Tcl wrappers, it uses these files when you add
/Library/Frameworks/Headers to the CMakeCache.txt file.

I use the following settings:

//What is the path where the file tcl.h can be found
TCL_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers;/
Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders

//Where can one of the tcl, tcl84, tcl8.4, tcl83, tcl8.3, tcl82,
// tcl8.2, tcl80 or tcl8.0 libraries be found
TCL_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=-framework Tcl

//What is the path where the file tk.h can be found
TK_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers;/Library/
Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders

//Where can one of the tk, tk84, tk8.4, tk83, tk8.3, tk82, tk8.2,
// tk80 or tk8.0 libraries be found
TK_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=-framework Tk

Yves