[vtkusers] pb vtkMarchingCubes: not all the triangles are displayed

Thomas Deschamps tdeschamps at lbl.gov
Tue Nov 12 18:37:43 EST 2002

Hi vtkUsers,

I have a problem since I downloaded the latest cvs snapshot of the VTK
directory: When I am using vtkMarchingCubes, not all the triangles
extracted are represented. For example, a shpere will be partially
represented (only a connected part of it in fact). The code I use is
very standard, here it is:

        vtkMarchingCubes * marchingCubes = vtkMarchingCubes::New();
        marchingCubes -> SetValue(0,this -> isoValue);
        marchingCubes -> SetInput(importer -> GetOutput());
        marchingCubes -> SetOutput(polyData);

        vtkPolyDataMapper * mapper3D = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
        mapper3D -> ScalarVisibilityOff();
        mapper3D -> SetInput(polyData);
        mapper = mapper3D;

        vtkActor * actor3D = vtkActor::New();
        actor3D -> SetMapper(mapper3D);
        etc...

In fact it looks like there is a limit on the number of triangles
extracted. Does it mean something to someone?
Thank you.

Thomas(tdeschamps at lbl.gov)