[vtkusers] vtkImplicitDataSet to contouring 2D shape

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz
Tue Nov 5 15:06:23 EST 2002

Hi Man,
   What you need is vtkImplicitModeller followed by vtkContourFilter, take
a look at the hello.tcl example.
  regards
    Dave Pont

|--------+--------------------------------->
|        |          "man"                  |
|        |          <m_ehrhart at altavista.fr|
|        |          >                      |
|        |          Sent by:               |
|        |          vtkusers-admin at public.k|
|        |          itware.com             |
|        |                                 |
|        |                                 |
|        |          06/11/2002 02:45       |
|        |                                 |
|--------+--------------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                            |
  |      To:     <vtkusers at public.kitware.com>                                                                 |
  |      cc:                                                                                                   |
  |      Subject:     [vtkusers] vtkImplicitDataSet to contouring 2D shape                                     |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi all vtkUsers,

I would like to use vtkImplicitDataSet and vtkContourFilter to contouring a
2D shape at various offset.
I hope vtkImplicitDataSet to generate scalar values from a vtkPolyData.
This poly data contains a shape in 2D, only lines and points are filled.
After, I would like to input into a vtkContourFilter to extract contours
but I trap the error message "cannot evaluate vtkImplicitDateSet".
How can I create an implicit function (to connect into vtkContourFilter)
from the geometry of my vtkPolyData. I think vtkImplictDataSet should be a
possible way but I miss something....

Thanks a lot.
Manfred