[vtkusers] Streamlines from scalars of structured points.Needing help!

stefano mininel mininel.ml at gnbts.univ.trieste.it
Fri May 31 03:46:50 EDT 2002

Thank you very much for your help.
This solution is definitely something I wouldn't find easily or in a short time in a lonely
documentation/examples search.
I cannot say I've understood completely how it works, but it works perfectly!
As soon as I'll have some spare time I'll try to have a look at the source of this
vtkAssignAttribute and understand it better.

Meanwhile, a question, just to have a general idea: am I correct if I think of the
vtkAssignAttribute filter as a sort of necessary interface between vtk4.0 data structures and the
classes/filters that expect in their input data in the way of older vtk versions (to call upon
such data the now deprecated xx->GetPointData()->GetVectors() or GetScalars()  ).

By the way, I'm amazed by the quickness of your help. I think that about 15 minutes between
sending my question and receiving the answer is a sort of record :-)

    Stefano Mininel