[vtkusers] using an RGB value to make an 3D view of a bitmap

Dave Parrott david.parrott at ohio.edu
Thu May 30 12:27:34 EDT 2002

Hi,

I am trying to think of a pipeline to use a bitmap source (bmpreader) and an
RGB value to make a 3D view of the bitmap.  The height of the 3D view of the
bitmap at different points will be based on how close the color at that point
is to the given RGB value.  So it will basically be a height field based on
two different RGB values (those from the bmp and the given RGB value).

If anyone has any ideas of a good pipeline, let me know.

thanks,
David Parrott
Ohio University

PS thanks for the help on the vtkAXES question, I wound up just using a
linesource.