[vtkusers] JAWT_GetAWT error with VTK 4.0

Christopher Navarro cnavarro at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri May 24 17:23:40 EDT 2002

Hi,

I am using VTK 4.0 and trying to get a java example to compile and run
with JBuilder 6.0.  I am using JDK 1.4 and it compiles fine but when I try
to run the project I get:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/usr/local/VTK/lib/libvtkRenderingJava.so:
/usr/local/VTK/lib/libvtkRenderingJava.so: undefined symbol: JAWT_GetAWT
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1480)
	at Cone.<clinit>(Cone.java:22)

I am using redhat linux 7.3.  Any idea as to what would cause it to give
this error?  Is an environment variable not set properly?  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

-chris