[vtkusers] accessing number of points/cells/polygons/etc... in vt kPolyData

Andreu, Jean-Philippe jean-philippe.andreu at joanneum.at
Thu May 23 09:37:57 EDT 2002

Hi All,

In the example /Examples/Modelling/Cxx/finance.cxx, after getting the
isosurface for the original population (popSurface->SetValue(0,0.01)), I
tried to access the number of points/polygons/cells in the vtkPolyData:

vtkIdType numCells = (popSurface->GetOutput())->GetNumberOfCells();
vtkIdType numPts = (popSurface->GetOutput())->GetNumberOfPoints();
vtkIdType numPolys = (popSurface->GetOutput())->GetNumberOfPolys();

Unfortunately numCells == numPts == numPolys == 0 even though when I dump
the vtkPolyData (popSurface->GetOutput()) into a file I have 8820 cells,
4418 points, etc...

Any idea?

Thanx in advance for your help,

Jean-Philippe