[vtkusers] Re: Python and VTK under Linux

Donna Hanlon donna at v1.wustl.edu
Wed May 22 09:10:06 EDT 2002

No real answers, I'm afraid, but I clearly recall having such problems
running vtk 3.1 with python 1.5 on Linux Red Hat 7.0 (sorry -- can't
recall specific kernel release, but it was the one on the Red Hat 7.0
initial CD).  No compiler errors/warnings, but similar runtime problems
with unresolved symbols.  The same libraries ran with no unresolved
symbol errors on other Linux machines running Red Hat 6.2 and Red Hat
7.1.

When we upgraded to Red Hat 7.1 (clean reinstall from distribution CDs),
the problems went away.  Based on your kernel release, I'm guessing this
won't help you.  Which version of gcc are you using (assuming you are
using gcc)?