[vtkusers] gamma-correction on output image (vtkImageWriter)?

Robert Belleman robbel at science.uva.nl
Tue May 21 02:14:49 EDT 2002

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 01:00:56PM -0400, Chen, Elvis wrote:
[...]
> My question is, can I perform gamma-correction in vtk
> before the bitmap files are generated?  My animation
> requires 200+ bitmap files, and I would like to avoid
> editing each of these files manually.
>
> thx in advance,
>
> Elvis

Assuming you're running some Unix flavour; why don't you use a
script to postprocess your images? Something like:

mkdir new
for i in *.bmp
do
  bmptoppm $i | pnmgamma 1.7 | ppmtobmp > new/$i
done

-- Rob

--
[] Robert Belleman         X  Section Computational Science            []
[] robbel at science.uva.nl  |X| University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands []