[vtkusers] gamma-correction on output image (vtkImageWriter)?

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Mon May 20 13:11:25 EDT 2002

> My question is, can I perform gamma-correction in vtk
> before the bitmap files are generated?  My animation
> requires 200+ bitmap files, and I would like to avoid
> editing each of these files manually.

I don't think there's a GammaCorrecting Filter in vtk (unless its under some
strange name), but implementing the RGB space corrections would not be hard
and it'd make a good addition to vtk if you want to do it.

Subclass vtkSimpleImageToImagefilter and stick the algorithm in the Execute
method! If memory serves, all it does is pull RGB values out towards the
edge of the colour cube and it wouldn't be a tough one to implement.

JB