[vtkusers] connectivity filter and hull

David Netherway david.netherway at adelaide.edu.au
Tue May 21 01:42:32 EDT 2002

Hello vtkusers,

I am using the following:

vtkImageData->vtkContourFilter->vtkPolyDataConnectivyFilter->vtkHull

with the connectivity set using "SetExtractionModeToLargestRegion".

The hull surrounds all of the isosurface not just the largest surface.

If I set the connectivity to "SetExtractionModeToClosestPointRegion" and set
the point near the largest surface then the hull surrounds just the largest
surface as expected.

If I use the following I get the expected behaviour:

vtkImageData->vtkContourFilter->vtkPolyDataConnectivyFilter->vtkDecimatePro-
>vtkHull

Does anyone get the expected behaviour for the first pipeline above or know
of the problem?

I am using vtk4.1.1 Revision 1.1215 from May 14, 2002 on a windows platform.

Thanks, David