[vtkusers] Picking without an Interactor

Giancarlo Amati amati at ira.cnr.it
Fri May 10 02:36:54 EDT 2002

Well I siply use an instance of vtkPointPicker to pick points that are in
the intersection between the camera and mouse position.
Yes it's possible to pick without an interactor. Read about vtkPointPicker
and it's mother class vtkPicker. Lookat also theire examples on the web
site.

Bye.

On Fri, 10 May 2002, Chih-Wei Chiu wrote:

> Is it possible to perform pick without using an interactor?
> Because I use Tk to build my own GUI, and if I use an interactor, the GUI
> will freeze.
>
> PS: I've ask this question before, but no reponse. So I ask it again.
> --
> Chih-Wei Chiu <http://www.csie.nctu.edu.tw/~jwchiu>
> Computer Graphics and Geometry Modeling Laboratory,
> Computer Science and Information Engineering Department,
> National Chiao-Tung University, Taiwan

dott. Giancarlo Amati                  |
(amati at ira.cnr.it)                     |

National Research Council              |
RadioAstronomical Institute            |
office phone n. +39 051 6399405        |
via Gobetti 101 - Bologna (Italy)      |