[vtkusers] GLXBadDrawable

kitware-vtk at kulnet.kuleuven.ac.be kitware-vtk at kulnet.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed May 8 04:43:36 EDT 2002

---  Forwarded by news2mail for Maarten Vergauwen <Maarten.Vergauwen at esat.kuleuven.ac.be> ---

Hello everyone,

I have an application which uses Qt and VTK (4.0). I run it on
GNU/linux-i386 (2.4.18) with NVidia OpenGL drivers (1.0-2802).

In this application I often open and close renderwidgets. Everytime I close
a renderwidget, the following error is printed on stderr:

X Error: GLXBadDrawable 131
  Major opcode:  129
  Resource id:  0x3a0080a

Most of the time this error doesn't result in a crash but every once in a
while, the application will crash when deleting a renderwidget. When I
debug this, I get a seg fault somewhere in glDeleteLists. I have the
feeling however that this is not the real problem but that the cause can be
found in whatever raises this GLXBadDrawable error.

Does anyone know more about what circumstances can raise this kind of error
and in which direction I should search ?

thank you,

Maarten

--
MAARTEN VERGAUWEN
K.U.Leuven - ESAT-PSI   tel: +32-16-32.10.64  fax: +32-16-32.17.23
Kasteelpark Arenberg 10	e-mail:Maarten.Vergauwen at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
B-3001 Heverlee         http://www.esat.kuleuven.ac.be/~vergauwe