[vtkusers] vtkDecimatePro Bug

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Tue May 7 06:35:06 EDT 2002

How is the topology broken?
Also, please realize that if the original mesh has "cracks" in it, meaning
hanging T-junction vertices, or other forms of topological disconnect, you
may not see then in the original mesh but the decimator may amplify the
topological situation and you will see a hole emerge.

You can use vtkFeatureEdges to find boundary/nonmanifold edges or use
Kitware's PolyViz product on Windows
(http://www.kitware.com/products/activiz/activizPolyViz.html) which has
some nice capabilities to view boundary/non-manifold edges, etc.

Will