[vtkusers] Problem with picking on windows?

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Thu May 2 09:14:57 EDT 2002

At 5/2/2002 07:06 AM, David Duke wrote:

>I've been having a problem using picking via the pick operation provided
>by vtkRenderWindowInteractor.  I'm running 4.1.1, the nightly release from
>April 23.
>
>Attached is a small Tcl script that illustrates the problem.

I had a look at your code. I'm surprised it's working. You can not use a
vtkRenderWindowInteractor with a vtkTkRenderWidget, especially since you
bind Tk events to this widget through the BindTkRenderWidget function.
There is an incompatibility here (reported in the User's guide).

This will change very soon (within days), we will commit a new way to bind
events to the vtkTkRenderWidget, and you will be able to use all interactor
styles as well as a vtkRenderWindowInteractor subclass called
vtkGenericRenderWindowInteractor.

--
Sebastien Barre