[vtkusers] Hybrid Build Returning Errors

Michael Halle halazar at media.mit.edu
Thu May 2 03:14:23 EDT 2002

I saw this behavior before on OSX.  Couldn't explain it, but here's how
I worked around it very temporarily.

Try this:

Run the "make" that fails and copy/paste the "cc" command that fails
onto the command line (you should be in Hybrid when you do this) or a
text file.

Remove references to -lvtkRenderingPython and all the other
-lvtk*Python libraries.  (There actually isn't a dependence of
libvtkHybridPython on the other python libs, just on the underlying
C++ libraries like libvtkRendering.)

Compile.

The library should correctly link without errors.

Like I said, I  have no idea why the libraries can't be found.

Michael Halle
mhalle at bwh.harvard.edu