[vtkusers] Bizarre Python Errors

Mike Robertson fermion at mac.com
Wed May 1 13:10:57 EDT 2002

One quick question, then:
[localhost:vtk/VTK/Hybrid] root# c++ -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined
suppress -g -O2 -fno-coalesce-templates -fno-coalesce-static-vtables -o
/usr/local/vtk/VTK/bin/libvtkHybridPython.so vtkHybridPythonInit.o
vtk3DSImporterPython.o vtkArcPlotterPython.o vtkCaptionActor2DPython.o
vtkCubeAxesActor2DPython.o vtkDepthSortPolyDataPython.o
vtkEarthSourcePython.o vtkGridTransformPython.o vtkImplicitModellerPython.o
vtkImageToPolyDataFilterPython.o vtkIterativeClosestPointTransformPython.o
vtkLandmarkTransformPython.o vtkLegendBoxActorPython.o
vtkPolyDataToImageStencilPython.o vtkRenderLargeImagePython.o
vtkRIBExporterPython.o vtkRIBLightPython.o vtkRIBPropertyPython.o
vtkThinPlateSplineTransformPython.o vtkTransformToGridPython.o
vtkVectorTextPython.o vtkVideoSourcePython.o vtkVRMLImporterPython.o
vtkXYPlotActorPython.o vtkWeightedTransformFilterPython.o
-L/usr/local/vtk/VTK/bin/ -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lvtkRenderingPython
-lvtkIOPython -lvtkGraphicsPython -lvtkImagingPython -lvtkFilteringPython
-lvtkCommonPython -lGL -framework Python -lpthread -lm -lvtkCommon
-lvtkFiltering -lvtkImaging -lvtkGraphics -lvtkIO -lvtkRendering -lvtkHybrid
/usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lvtkRenderingPython
[localhost:vtk/VTK/Hybrid] root#

Locate vtkRenderingPython gives /usr/local/lib/vtk/vtkRenderingPython.so

Do I need to set an env?

mike

Michael Robertson
fermion at mac.com
http://thenewcosmos.com

Alarmist chicken predicts disaster. Sky remains intact.
    - Get-to-the-point CNN Headline news.