[vtkusers] vtkMarchingCubes - where?

alexandre gouaillard alexandre.gouaillard at insa-lyon.fr
Wed Mar 20 04:45:35 EST 2002

this is a copy-paste of the text in patented.html which was in the vtk-html
directory of the vtk4.0 CD

The Visualization Toolkit (VTK) Patents
The classes in the patented subdirectory of VTK are not included in the
binaries shipped with this CD. To use them you must build your own copy of
VTK. The patented classes are kept in VTK/Patented and are not included with
the dll's created by the SETUP.EXE program. To use the patented classes,
they must be specifically included. This is done by enabling the CMake flag
VTK_USE_PATENTED, reruning CMake, and then compiling.
If you wish to use any patented class in commercial applications you will
need to obtain a licence. To determine who to contact, look at the header
file for the particular class that you are interested in. The patent contact
information will be found there.

alex