[vtkusers] multiple actor/renderer pairs connectable to single mapper?

Roland Schwarz roland.schwarz at chello.at
Thu Mar 14 08:45:49 EST 2002

I am plannig to use MFC with VTK, and I am wondering whether it is *correct*
to have multiple actors that belong to different renderwindows  added to a
single mapper.

As I digged into the mail archive I found a somewhat dated statement:

Miller, James wrote on Monday, November 08, 1999 11:36 AM

>The safest thing to do is to use a separate mapper/actor/texture for each
render window.  The
>mappers/actors/textures don't store too much information themselves (the
data is kept in the data
>set), so there is not too much overhead involved.

Is this still true, or have things changed in vtk 4.0 times?

If I need to have mapper/actor/renderwindow aggregates may I connect
multiple mappers to a single dataset?

So much questions....

hopefully someone can give me a hint.

Thank you,