[vtkusers] Tcl wrapping for vtkMy (fwd)

Sylvain Jaume jaume at tele.ucl.ac.be
Wed Mar 13 17:32:43 EST 2002

Hi Sebastien,

> First of all, which VTK version are you using ?
> If it's the CVS, I'd advise you to update the vtkMy directory in Examples/,
> since I fixed a couple of issues last week (not very important but who
> knows :).

I've just updated CMake and VTK 4.0. I re-built vtkMy, but it doesn't work
either.

> I'd definitely check that:
>    a) the vtkmyCommonTCL shared lib has been built ). BUILD_SHARED_LIBS
> must be ON.

Previously I compiled VTK 4.0 with BUILD_SHARED_LIBS OFF and all classes
were wrapped into Tcl. Why should it be different with vtkMy?

Anyway I re-compiled vtkMy with BUILD_SHARED_LIBS ON. In ~/VTKMYBIN/lib,
I've now:
libvtkmyCommon.so*     libvtkmyImaging.so*     libvtkmyUnsorted.so*
libvtkmyCommonTCL.so*  libvtkmyImagingTCL.so*  libvtkmyUnsortedTCL.so*

>    b) the path to this lib is in your PATH env var (which looks good from
> what I can tell above)
>        try from tclsh: puts $env(PATH)

Among other lines, I get:

/home/jaume/VTKMYBIN/lib:/home/jaume/VTKMYBIN/bin:/home/jaume/VTKBIN/bin:/bin

>    c) you can load it manually. Try from tclsh: load vtkmyCommonTCL (or
> vtkmyCommonTCL.DLL or vtkmyCommonTCL.so)

% load vtkmyCommonTCL
couldn't load file "vtkmyCommonTCL": vtkmyCommonTCL.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

but...

% load libvtkmyCommonTCL

works fine. I set VTKMYBIN/lib in my PATH, not in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Is it the way it should be?

> Does it help ?

It does. Thanks!
But I'd like to just type 'package require vtkmy' and not:
% load libvtkmyCommonTCL
% load libvtkmyUnsortedTCL
% load libvtkmyImagingTCL

Currently I get 'can't find package vtkmy' when I type 'package require
vtkmy'. Is there a remedy?

Thanks again, Seb.
Sylvain