[vtkusers] Tcl wrapping for vtkMy (fwd)

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Wed Mar 13 15:22:33 EST 2002

Hi Sylvain

At 3/13/2002 02:54 PM, Sylvain Jaume wrote:
>Refering to my earlier question (see below), how can I get my classes
>wrapped in Tcl? (Maybe Sebastien, you can have a quick look and tell
>me what I did wrong...)
>
>Thanks for any advice!

First of all, which VTK version are you using ?
If it's the CVS, I'd advise you to update the vtkMy directory in Examples/,
since I fixed a couple of issues last week (not very important but who
knows :).

>::vtk::load_component: vtkmyCommonTCL could not be found.
>[...]
>The TCLLIBPATH current value is:
>/home/jaume/VTK/Wrapping/Tcl:/home/jaume/VTKMY/Wrapping/Tcl
>[...]
>
>I set VTKMY_WRAP_TCL:BOOL=ON in CMakeCache.txt.
>
>I run Red Hat 7.2. The .bashrc variables related to VTKMY read:
>
>export VTKMY_SOURCE_DIR=/home/jaume/VTKMY
>export VTKMY_BINARY_DIR=/home/jaume/VTKMYBIN
>export PATH="$VTKMY_BINARY_DIR/bin:$PATH"
>export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$VTKMY_BINARY_DIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
>export
>TCLLIBPATH="$VTK_SOURCE_DIR/Wrapping/Tcl:$VTKMY_SOURCE_DIR/Wrapping/Tcl"
>
>vtk VTK/Examples/Tutorial/Step1/Tcl/Cone.tcl works fine and
>% package require vtk
>returns 4.0
>
>%package require vtkmy
>returns again
>::vtk::load_component: vtkmyCommonTCL could not be found.
>can't find package vtkmycommon

I'd definitely check that:
   a) the vtkmyCommonTCL shared lib has been built ). BUILD_SHARED_LIBS
must be ON.
   b) the path to this lib is in your PATH env var (which looks good from
what I can tell above)
       try from tclsh: puts $env(PATH)
   c) you can load it manually. Try from tclsh: load vtkmyCommonTCL (or
vtkmyCommonTCL.DLL or vtkmyCommonTCL.so)

Does it help ?
Any feedback is welcome on vtkMy, so go ahead, hit me :)

--
Sebastien Barre