[vtkusers] Python/Tk Widgets Library

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Tue Mar 5 16:41:39 EST 2002

Hi gray_java at hotmail.com,

My guess is that you are using RedHat 7.2 or some other very
recent distribution.  For some reason, on these systems Tcl
expects extensions to end in ".so" whereas previously Tcl
didn't expect any extension.

So, just find libvtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets (without the .so),
cd into that directory, and do
ln -s libvtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets libvtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.so
and the problem will be solved.

If anyone knows why tcl suddenly started expecting a ".so" extension
on these systems, I'd love to hear.

 - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                       dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group