[vtkusers] Python/Tk Widgets Library

f f gray_java at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 5 16:30:38 EST 2002

Hi,

When attempting to run "python vtkTkRenderWidget.py" from the
Wrapping/Python directory I am informed "TclError: couldn't load file
"libvtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.so": libvtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.so:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".

So I looked all over for it and can't find it. It isn't in the /bin
directory where I would expect it to be. The closest i've got is
libvtkRenderingPython.so. Is there some sort of special installation
procedure I should follow to get the missing library? Do you have to install
VTK with Tcl support to get it maybe?

thanks