[vtkusers] ExtractVOI with arbitrary shape

David Gobbi dgobbi at imaging.robarts.ca
Sun Jun 23 13:55:28 EDT 2002

Hi Maria,

It is a multistep process, but you can use a pipeline like the
following:

vtkPoints  <-  create your list of points

vtkImplicitSelectionLoop  <- turn the list of points into a function

vtkImplicitFunctionToImageStencil  <- turn function into a stencil (mask)

vtkImageStencil <- apply the stencil to the image

  or

vtkImageAccumulate  <- compute histogram within stencil area, or
                       do image statistics within stencil area

It is also possible to use vtkClipDataSet to clip the image.
This will convert the image into a vtkUnstructuredGrid.

 - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                       dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group