[vtkusers] ExtractVOI with arbitrary shape

Maria Vatshaug Ottermo ottermo at stud.ntnu.no
Sun Jun 23 06:02:30 EDT 2002

Hi

I am working on segmentation of an ultrasound volume, and to save
computation time I want to extract a volume of interest. Until now I have
been using vtkExtractVOI, but as far as I understand ExtractVOI can only
be used to extract a rectangular shape. I am using a snake algorithm to
define the area of interest in each slice of my volume, and the output of
this algorithm is a linked list. Does anybody know if there is a class in
vtk that takes a list of coordinates as input instead of a rectangular
shape?

Thank you!

Maria Ottermo