[vtkusers] vtkStreamer and vtkFunctionSet

Luca Antiga lucantiga at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 21 03:42:36 EDT 2002

Hi Prabhu,
I agree with you as to file format. By now I use vtkFieldData to store
velocity time steps as vtkFloatArray's (the improvement in data classes made
with vtk4.0 was cool) and save the whole in a vtk file. To distinguish data
arrays you can put them in order them or, better, name them, but a more
hierarchical organization of information is needed (maybe making use of XML,
so to conform once for all to that standard).

Since this would mean re-designing some vtk features, I think we'd better
wait for discussion with Berk and collegues.
Hear you soon

Luca