[vtkusers] vtkStreamer and vtkFunctionSet

Luca Antiga lucantiga at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 20 03:26:59 EDT 2002

Dear users,
I was looking into the source code of vtkStreamer and I noticed that an
instance of vtkInterpolatedVelocityField (subclass of vtkFunctionSet) is
created each time ThreadedIntegrate is called.
At the same time, if one uses
vtkStreamer::SetIntegrator(vtkInitialValueProblemSolver* ) and then
vtkInitialValueProblemSolver::SetFunctionSet(vtkFunctionSet* ), apparently
he could use an integrator with another subclass of vtkFunctionSet in the
streamer, but this is not actually the case.
Thus, if one wants to implement a subclass of vtkFunctionSet and use it to
compute streamlines, he basically has to write another vtkStreamer class.
I think it would be better, if possible, to use a generic vtkFunctionSet in
vtkStreamer.
Thanks

Luca