[vtkusers] Problems compiling pt 2

Gavin Tabor G.R.Tabor at exeter.ac.uk
Thu Jun 13 07:08:31 EDT 2002

My thanks to those who responded earlier : I think the CXX and CC flags
were incorrectly set. I've got a bit further this time : in fact
compilation occurred as far as doing something with the ObjectFactory,
at which point I get the following error messages

/usr/local/bin/gcc -g -O2 -I/space/VTK/Common/Testing/Cxx
-I/space/VTK/Rendering -I/space/VTK -I/space/VTK/Common
-I/space/VTK/Filtering -I/space/VTK/Imaging -I/space/VTK/Graphics
-I/space/VTK/IO -I/space/VTK/Utilities/zlib -I/space/VTK/Utilities/png
-I/space/VTK/Utilities/jpeg -I/space/VTK/Common/Testing/Cxx   -c
/space/VTK/Common/Testing/Cxx/ObjectFactory.cxx -o ObjectFactory.o
/usr/local/bin/gcc  -g -O2 ObjectFactory.o  -L/space/VTK/bin/ -lpthread
-ldl -lm -lvtkCommon -lvtkCommon -lpthread -ldl -lm -lvtkCommon
-lvtkCommon -Wl,-R,/space/VTK/bin/  -o /space/VTK/bin/ObjectFactory
Undefined
		first referenced
  symbol  			    in file
strstreambase::ios virtual table    ObjectFactory.o
cout                                ObjectFactory.o
ostream::write(char const *, int)   /space/VTK/bin//libvtkCommon.so
strstreambuf::init_dynamic(void *(*)(unsigned int), void (*)(void *),
int)ObjectFactory.o
streambuf::streambuf(int)           ObjectFactory.o
ostrstream::~ostrstream(void)       ObjectFactory.o
ofstream::ios virtual table         /space/VTK/bin//libvtkCommon.so
endl(ostream &)                     ObjectFactory.o
ostream::ios virtual table          ObjectFactory.o
istream::operator>>(char &)         /space/VTK/bin//libvtkCommon.so
strstreambuf::str(void)             ObjectFactory.o
cerr                                /space/VTK/bin//libvtkCommon.so
ostream::operator<<(void const *)   /space/VTK/bin//libvtkCommon.so
ostream::operator<<(char const *)   ObjectFactory.o
ends(ostream &)                     ObjectFactory.o
ostrstream::ios virtual table       ObjectFactory.o

which continues for a while. I'm guessing that some important
library/header file has not been included, but I'm rather a klutz at
this, so I can't work out what to do. Any suggestions gratefully
recieved, and as before, my thanks for any help.

Gavin

--

Dr. Gavin Tabor
School of Engineering and Computer Science