[vtkusers] vtkSubPixelPositionEdgels HELP !

Ken Martin kenlists at nycap.rr.com
Fri Jul 26 08:29:52 EDT 2002

> Dear vtk gurus,
>   I have send a mail a few months ago about
> vtkSubPixelPositionEdgels
> causing a seg fault, see:
>
>   http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2002-June/011914.html
>
> Another point I would like to fix is that vtkSubPixelPositionEdgels
> changes the Bounds (the Bounds of the output differ from the input)

The Bounds will change because the output data is different from the
input data. The positions of the pixels are changing, hence the bounds
will often change as well. This is the correct behaviour. Re: the
segfault, if you can send me a stack trace showing what line it died
on (it is probably stepping off of the image due to rounding or
something like that) I'll try to track it down.

Thanks
Ken