[vtkusers] vtkSubPixelPositionEdgels HELP !

Mathieu Malaterre mmalat at imaging.robarts.ca
Thu Jul 25 23:16:03 EDT 2002

Dear vtk gurus,
  I have send a mail a few months ago about vtkSubPixelPositionEdgels
causing a seg fault, see:

  http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2002-June/011914.html

I tried to fixed it myself with a -really- bad hack. But unfortunately
it didn't worked. Could someone help me ?
Basically the changes I tried are to recompute the pixel position before
accessing the image in memory:

  //bad hack:
  xii = (int)((xi - origin[0])/spacing[0]);
  yii = (int)((yi - origin[1])/spacing[1]);
  zii = (int)((zi - origin[2])/spacing[2]);

You'll find the changes I tried in:

http://www.imaging.robarts.ca/~mmalat/VTK/vtkSubPixelPositionEdgels2.cxx

and
http://www.imaging.robarts.ca/~mmalat/VTK/vtkSubPixelPositionEdgels2.h

You'll find a little python script to test vtkSubPixelPositionEdgels.
Another point I would like to fix is that vtkSubPixelPositionEdgels
changes the Bounds (the Bounds of the output differ from the input)

thanks a lot for your time,
mathieu

--
If all else fail read the instructions