[vtkusers] Adding a callback function to a mouse button

Thomas Deschamps tdeschamps at lbl.gov
Wed Jul 24 19:30:44 EDT 2002

Dear vtkUsers,

I would like to attach to one of the mouse button a particular callback.

When I click on an image I want to execute this function which has
several arguments.
I know how to do it in Tcl with AddObserver, but I don't know how to do
it in C++
Here is a sample of ny tcl code.

vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren
  interactor AddObserver StartPickEvent {UpdateImage}

proc UpdateImage {} {...}

But in C++, things look more complicated. I don't know if I should use
interactor -> AddObserver(whatever...
OR
interactor -> SetEndPickMethod(UpdateImage,(void*)(&updateImageArgs));
or any other solution.

Thank you for your help

Thomas
TDeschamps at lbl.gov