[vtkusers] Adding a new class for use in Tcl

Martin Thornalley martin_thornalley at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 24 03:35:16 EDT 2002

I have followed the instructions in the README.html of the vtk4.0 source to
add a new class to a local source tree under Linux.  I am, however, having
difficulties using this new class in Tcl.

The class appears to compile correctly and can be linked to in a C++
program.  When I attempt to use it in Tcl I get the folowing error:

Error in startup script: invalid command name "vtkPolyDataTextureFilter"
    while executing
"vtkPolyDataTextureFilter texFilter"
    (file "test.tcl" line 21)

The CMakeLists.txt that I am using is below which has been modfied from the
VTK/IO version. I presume I have some incorrect settings in here but I guess
it's also possible that I am missing some other steps. Does anyone have any
suggestions?

Regards,
Martin Thornalley.

SOURCE_FILES( Local_SRCS
vtkPolyDataTextureFilter
)

#ABSTRACT_FILES(
#)

ADD_LIBRARY(vtkLocal Local_SRCS)

# Allow the user to customize their build with some local options
#
INCLUDE (${VTK_BINARY_DIR}/Local/LocalUserOptions.cmake OPTIONAL)
INCLUDE (${VTK_SOURCE_DIR}/Local/LocalUserOptions.cmake OPTIONAL)

# if we are wrapping into Tcl then add the library and extra
# source files
#

IF (VTK_WRAP_TCL)
  VTK_WRAP_TCL(vtkLocalTCL LocalTCL_SRCS Local_SRCS)
  ADD_LIBRARY(vtkLocalTCL LocalTCL_SRCS)
  TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES (vtkLocalTCL
                         vtkFilteringTCL
                         vtkCommonTCL
                         ${TCL_LIBRARY})
  INSTALL_TARGETS(/lib/vtk vtkLocalTCL)
ENDIF (VTK_WRAP_TCL)

# if we are wrapping into Java then add the library and extra
# source files
#
IF (VTK_WRAP_JAVA)
  VTK_WRAP_JAVA(vtkLocalJava LocalJava_SRCS Local_SRCS)
  ADD_LIBRARY(vtkLocalJava SHARED LocalJava_SRCS)
  TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES (vtkLocalJava
                         vtkCommonJava
                         vtkFilteringJava)
  INSTALL_TARGETS(/lib/vtk vtkLocalJava)
ENDIF (VTK_WRAP_JAVA)

LINK_LIBRARIES (
vtkCommon
vtkFiltering
vtkLocal
)

IF(WIN32)
  IF(UNIX)
    IF(NOT BUILD_SHARED_LIBS)
      ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DPNG_STATIC)
    ENDIF(NOT BUILD_SHARED_LIBS)
  ENDIF(UNIX)
ENDIF(WIN32)

IF(WIN32)
  IF(NOT BUILD_SHARED_LIBS)
    ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DJPEGSTATIC)
  ENDIF(NOT BUILD_SHARED_LIBS)
ENDIF(WIN32)

INSTALL_TARGETS(/lib/vtk vtkLocal)
INSTALL_FILES(/include/vtk .h Local_SRCS)