[vtkusers] about cmake

Song Li lisong at vrac.iastate.edu
Tue Jul 23 23:33:33 EDT 2002

HI,Andy,
  Thanks for replying!!!
  Could you give me more hint on my previous question about transfer vtk
object via socket ( this is my ultimate goal for different kinds of question
these days)??
  I have a vtk object with the type of "vtkPolyData", say, the definition is
"vtkPolyData* a", if using "vtkPolyDataWriter" to write it onto disk, there
will be a vtk file with 200+ Kbytes , but if I use "sizeof *a" in the code,
it will return a value about 200+ bytes(must be the size of ASCII description
of this object),  and I can only use this number as the number of bytes
needed to be transfered in socket's read()/write(), and the vtk object at the
receiving side will cause program to crash.

I know using the number of 200+ must be wrong, but what is the way to obtain
the size of the object to be transfered ??

Thanks !!

--
Song Li
VRAC(Virtual Reality Application Center),Iowa State University
Email: lisong at vrac.iastate.edu
Homepage: http://www.vrac.iastate.edu/~lisong