[vtkusers] Oh no it's a VB user :-)

julianholt jholt at fatiguewizard.com
Tue Jul 23 17:41:53 EDT 2002

OK guys I am going to swear here by mentioning the V word--------

Visual Basic

Is anyone using vtk with VB? and if so I would be interested in knowing how
you are getting on.

Now without starting a "my dad is bigger than yours" argument :-)  For me,
VB is all I need. I used to use C for my number crunching code and shell out
from VB, but gave that up when VB became a compiled code (VB5).

so,

My basic question is, if you use VB with vtk is there a huge performance
loss when compared with C?
There must be some reason why VB isn't supported (arn't there more lines of
VB written than any other language?)

I.E do I need to dig out my oooooold C books?

Thanks

Regards

Julian Holt
CADFEM - Finite Element Analysis
"All we need is a major breakthrough ! "

Please visit www.cadfem.com
For an instantaneous FE quotation see
www.cadfem.com/cadfem2001/quotes/quotation.shtml

To join the Algor User Group, send a blank e-mail to
algor-users-subscribe at yahoogroups.com