[vtkusers] MFC & Interactor

Nigel Nunn nNunn at ausport.gov.au
Wed Jul 17 11:30:46 EDT 2002

Hi Ted,

> Has anyone developed an MFC application that uses
> these events OnLButtonDown, OnLButtonUp, OnMouseMove
> instead of the WindowProc?

We handle all interaction in the usual MFC way, then when we
have finished processing the event, pass the message to the
Vtk subsystem with a direct call to vtkHandleMessage2(...)

LRESULT vtkMFCRenderView::CallInteractor(UINT uMsg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM
lParam)
{
  // Replaces... WindowProc(UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM)
  // Maintain individual event handlers that pass
  // control here.
  if (m_IRen->GetInitialized())
  {
    return vtkHandleMessage2(m_hWnd, uMsg, wParam, lParam, m_IRen);
  }
  return 0;
}

Working purrfectly, but required some careful translation
of uMsg, wParam, and lParam!  :-)

Nigel

confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of
this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it
and notify the sender.

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport.
Visit http://www.ausport.gov.au