[vtkusers] MFC & Interactor

Ted Christiansen ted at caept.com
Wed Jul 17 11:09:51 EDT 2002

Hello,

The MFC sample program overrides WindowProc and passes parameters to the
interactor.  Why didnt they use the built-in mouse events:
OnLButtonDown, OnLButtonUp, OnMouseMove like this:

void CVtksampleView::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
{
 Interactor->OnLButtonDown(this->m_hWnd, nFlags, point.x, point.y);
 vtkMFCRenderView::OnLButtonDown(nFlags, point);
}

When I use these then the interaction doesnt work.  Calling the
interactor style doesnt work either.

Unfortunately I cant get the program to compile using the static vtk
libraries I created because of multiply defined symbol errors and thus
cannot step into the vtk source to see what is wrong.

Has anyone developed an MFC application that uses these events
OnLButtonDown, OnLButtonUp, OnMouseMove instead of the WindowProc?

Ted