[vtkusers] Mac OS X related questions

Yves Starreveld ystarrev at uwo.ca
Tue Jul 16 19:03:58 EDT 2002

Hi, Drew,

I see Bill and Raphael have fixed your build issues.

Its pretty straight forward to include a vtk-view as a custom
NSOpenGLView in a nib in Interface Builder and build a Cocoa VTK app
which loads that nib. It all just works. The reason I added the
Carbon-based vtk windows was for Tk compatibility, and to allow the use
of aglUseFont calls to render text. Text functionality is currently
missing under Cocoa.

r.e. your movie question: there is currently no interface to quicktime,
though you are encouraged to add one :->

Yves