[vtkusers] Re: vtk Flight interactor

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Mon Jul 15 04:30:08 EDT 2002

> Not testing it seriously but was playing with it and found that under
> Linux keyboard interaction didnt work (as I expected) -- i.e. arrow
> keys had no effect.  I also found that i needed to press the mouse
> down for a while and release it.  Only when the mouse was released did
> it actually move/rotate/do anything.  BTW, I've not played with the

Linux support has always been missing.
In this message (Feb 2000)
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2000-February/000025.html
I asked for help with the keycodes for arrows etc. Of course, nobody replied, but I'm used to it now.

The flight is pretty rubbish I'm afraid (hence my desire to improve it), and the motion is controlled by the amount of movement of
the mouse rather than the absolute position, so click and then move the mouse up or down etc for steering. (Holding it down without
moving it should cause forward motion), if its too slow press + for speedup. It shouldn't move when the mouse is up. Probably
there's a problem. I can't test under unix, can you send me some more info. Thanks

JB