[vtkusers] Difficulty running Software

Meenakshi Kaul minna6hi at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 12 21:34:54 EDT 2002

Hi,
   I am Meenakshi a student of MS computer science at
the University of Akron, Ohio. I am trying to use VTK
software for my research project. I tried to complile
vtkLine.cxx but i m getting LINKING errors.
These are the link errors:

Linking...
vtkLine.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol "private: static unsigned long
vtkTimeStamp::vtkTime" (?vtkTime at vtkTimeStamp@@0KA)
vtkLine.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol "public: virtual __thiscall
vtkRefCount::~vtkRefCount(void)"
(??1vtkRefCount@@UAE at XZ)
Debug/ThLine.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved
externals
Error executing link.exe.

   I do not know which library file to link to. I
linked to vtkdll.lib and vtkCommon.lib.

    I was wondering if you could throw some light on
it.
     Thanking you in antisipation.
Meenakshi Kaul.