[vtkusers] VTK Python on Sun Solaris

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Fri Jul 12 08:43:59 EDT 2002

Sorry, I did not read the whole e-mail...

So, the first part:
ImportError: ld.so.1: ./python: fatal: relocation error:
file /net/chaos/chaos/data/hqian/VTK-sun/bin/libvtkCommonPython.so:
symbol __1cG__CrunKpure_error6F_v_: referenced symbol not found

bla__CrunKpure__bla  is from "standard" C++ library on Sun. I had the
same problem until I compiled the whole thing using C++.

ImportError: ld.so.1: ./vtkpython: fatal: relocation error:
file /net/chaos/chaos/data/hqian/VTK-sun/bin/libvtkCommonPython.so:
symbol __1cDstdEcerr_: referenced symbol not found

bla__1cDstdEcerr__bla is as you can guess cerr. This means it does not
get initialized properly. So, I guess to go from here, let us try to
answer couple of simple questions:

1. What version of CMake?
2. What version of Sun C++?
3. What exactly does compile line for vtkpython look like?

				Andy