[vtkusers] using a VolumePro board to visualize large volumes

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Thu Jul 11 12:59:32 EDT 2002

Steffen,

use vtkImageShrink3D on you dataset

vtkImageShrink3D shrink
  shrink SetInput [reader GetOutput]
  shrink SetShrinkFactors 4 4 1
  shrink AveragingOff

works for me and my VP500!

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:      public.kitware.com
 [24.97.130.19]

From: Steffen Oeltze <Steffen.Oeltze at Student.Uni-Magdeburg.DE>
@public.kitware.com on 07/11/2002 04:23 PM ZE2

     Steffen Oeltze <Steffen.Oeltze at Student.Uni-Magdeburg.DE>           To:   vtkusers at public.kitware.com
                                          @public.kitware.com           Cc:    (bcc: John Anast-JM/PGI)
                                                                Subject:      [vtkusers] using a VolumePro board
                                                                     to visualize large volumes
                  Sent by:  vtkusers-admin at public.kitware.com
                                          07/11/2002 10:23 AM

Hi,

My Name is Steffen Oeltze and I'm doing research at the
University of Magdeburg, Germany.

I'm using VTK4.0 and the VolumePro500 board. When I try to
visualize a large volume (512x512x181) the interaction, e.g.
rotating the volume, becomes slow. I would like to use a
lower resolution of the volume during interaction as
implemented in VolView1.3.
Is there anybody who can help me with that ?

Regards,
Steffen