[vtkusers] Can't find vtkcommon

mckinnon at lincoln.ac.nz mckinnon at lincoln.ac.nz
Tue Jul 9 06:49:52 EDT 2002

Hello,

I have downloaded the precompiled binaries to run vtk with tcl under windows NT.
The installation went smoothly, but when I try to run any of the examples
I get the error:

::vtk::load_component: vtkcommonTCL could not be found
can't find package vtcommon

This seems like some sort of path problem.
I have set up the TCLLIB system variable so that:

% puts $auto_path
D:/Apps/vtk D:/Apps/vtktcl/wrapping/tcl D:/Apps/Tcl/lib/tcl8.2 D:/Apps/Tcl/lib
D:/Apps/Tcl/lib/tk8.2
%

D:\Apps\vkTcl\Wrapping\Tcl
contains the vtcommon directory

Looking at the web site this does not seem to be a new problem,
but despite what I read there, I am unable to solve it. Any help would be
appreciated.

Alan McKinnon